Citizens Advice Christchurch
CURRENT STATUS: FULLY OPERATIONAL
- Contact person: Mollie Howarth
- Position: Service Manager
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 03-349-4947
- Mobile: 021-132-6270
- 1) We provide information on a wide variety of issues such as immigration, neighbourhood disputes, consumer issues, family issues to name a few. Our volunteers listen to clients and provide them with options and choices. Currently, we have both our Hornby and City Branch open. City Branch is operating out of the Students Association Building in Madras Street 10-4pm Mon-Friday. We are looking to reopen a third branch in the North West of Christchurch in the next month or two.
- 2) Free Legal Advice Clinics are being held both at our City and Hornby Offices. Clients receive 10minutes free legal advice with a qualified lawyer who helps to determine whether the problem is worth pursuing legally. If it is worth pursuing the lawyer provides the client with a referral to a lawyer who specialises in the area of concern.
- 3) Justice of the Peace Clincis. Clients can have documents certified by visiting both our City and Hornby Branches.
WHAT WE NEED
We have opened an agency in the heart of the Red Zone. The service operates one day a week out of the North Linwood Primary School in Woodham Road. Tuesdays 1-4pm. We also have an agency operating out of the Beckenham Library on a Thursday 11am-2pm.