CURRENT STATUS: Full services available
- Contact person: Susan Askew
- Position: Funding & HR Officer
- Email address: email@example.com
- Phone: 03-366-0689
- Fax: 03-365-1386
- 1) Health and Fitness operating at Bishopdale YMCA - open 6am to 9.30pm Mon-Thurs, 6am to 7pm Fri, 8.30am to4pm Sat, 9am to 4pm Sun; all classes (spin, step, Zumba, etc) running - book early; LifeFit classes running; inquiries to 359 8320. City Y Health and Fitness now running - gym, classes, etc; inquiries to 366 0689
- 2) Children's programmes (basketball, netball, gymnastics, etc) all running; school holiday programmes to run in October, bookings being accepted now via website www.ymcachch.org.nz or phone 366 0689; childcare open, places available phone 359 8320
3) Wainui Park Camp - all services at Wainui are operational
4) Youth Training operating from 888 Colombo Street; Alternative Education has reopened at the City Y, Hereford Street; contact Education Manager on 377 2174
5) Youth and Outdoors - running outdoor activity programmes in schools, contact Dave Goldsworthy 021 741 795; Venture Quest course currently running, next course starts 5 Dec, contact John Hannan on 366 0689; Climbing Wall open.
WHAT WE NEED
The YMCA is now fully up and running at all locations - City (Accommodation, Health and Fitness, Youth Services, Climbing Wall, Alternative Education), Bishopdale (Health and Fitness; childcare), 888 Colombo Street (Youth Training) and Wainui Park Camp (Akaroa Harbour) We are one of the few gyms open and are seeing a steady stream of people keen to get back to an exercise routine. All buildings are structurally sound; the City Y Accommodation has been refurbished due to water damage and is now sporting a fresh, new look. The YMCA is open to all.