Canterbury @Heart (previously called Heart Children NZ - Canterbury
CURRENT STATUS: FULLY OPERATIONAL
- Contact person: Judith Wakelin
- Position: Secretary / Treasurer
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 03-940-9430
- Mobile: 021-243-3902
- Fax: 03-281-8006
- 1) Support to heart children and their families. Links with our national office who has a camp for heart children families in Clevedon so they can get away from Christchurch
- 2) Family Support workers visiiting families and assessing need and delivering information, resources and suppport
- 3) Arranging coffee groups etc to help heart parents meet other heart parents, children meet children etc. Linking families with others for support
- 4) Assistance to families flying to Auckland for thier childs heart operation
- 5) Providing information, events and support as needed
WHAT WE NEED
Financial support - using up our funding for the year very quickly without anything coming in - fundraising events cancelled (March to May is our main fundraising period) but more resources going out, staff working longer hours to meet need as trained volunteers have had to pull out to cope with thier own issues. Our supply of items for families has been damaged so needing to be replaced.
Our National office stepped in to help our local families on our behalf while we sorted things out and now we are back into full operation. Very busy and ssing our resources at an amazing rate but providing lots of support.