Lincoln and Districts Community Care Association Incorporated
CURRENT STATUS: FULLY OPERATIONAL
- Contact person: Lois Thomas
- Position: Services Development Coordinator
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 03 325 2007
- Fax: 03 325 3291
- Facebook: lincolncommunitycare
- 1) Meals on Wheels - delivered by vetted Volunteers Monday to Friday exept Public Holidays. Hot, chilled and frozen options available. All dietary needs catered for. In most cases CDHB subsidy available if the client fits their criteria.Private paying clients also welcome.
- 2) Partnership Community Worker - funded by Pegasus Health. Our Coordinator assists those in need to access the health services they are entitled to . Often clients for financial, lack of information or language and/or transport barriers may not be able to get supports. This service ensures they do and in some cases clients can be transported to appointments.
- 3) SAGES - funded by MSD, this services utilises the skills of trained Mentors (Volunteers) to teach younger people old fashioned skills. Client and Mentor are matched to meet the clients needs. Such skills as handcrafts, growing vegetables, changing a car tyre, preserving fruit, creating a CV or childcare advice. Whatever the younger person may wish to learn to gain independence and self sufficiency.
- 4) Home Share and Care - funded by Presbyterian Support, this weekly Day Care for elderly isolated persons offers them an opportunity for social interaction. Trained Volunteers oversee the programme. Morning tea, afternoon tea and a two course meal are provided for free. There are activities, occasional outings and fun for all.
- 5) Senior Exercise group and Walking group.Exercise group meets at Lincoln University Recreation Centre Mondays and Thursdays from 10am until 11am. A programme of exercises to support falls prevention, with a reasonable annual subscription. The Lincoln Walking group meets every Tuesday with various walks some local; some further afield. A social, fun, friendly group whilst gaining the benefits of interesting walks A programme is available from our office at 16 Lyttelton Street Lincoln.
- GENERAL COMMENTS
- Office hours 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays)
- Phone Trish the Admin Manager on 03 325 2007 for enquiries