Neighbourhood Support Canterbury
CURRENT STATUS: Open
- Contact person: Dave Wilkinson
- Position: Co-ordinator/Manager
- Email address: email@example.com
- Phone: 03 420 9944
- Mobile: 021-398-199
- 1) Ongoing support to over 2,000 existing Neighbourhood Support Groups in the Canterbury area
- 2) Setting up new Neighbourhood Support Groups.
- 3) Public information sessions/talks with a variety of public groups
- 4) Assisting Age Concern with their Home and Personal safety Seminars
With the generous support of Access Locksmiths we have re-established our office upstairs at 170 Waterloo Road, Hornby.
To assist with the recovery from the Canterbury earthquakes we are helping Neighbourhood Support groups to become more resilient by establishing a new web based database at www.christchurch.getsready.net.nz This website encourages neighbourhood support group members to enter information such as their details, skills, resources and needs. In the case of an emergency this information is easily accessible and gives neighbours the confidence to be able to draw on the resources in their neighbourhood and also provides information about those who may need help.
We continue to operate our general information website at www.nscanterbury.org.nz
Please check out our websites and do not hesitate to contact our office if we can be of assistance.