Community Law Canterbury
CURRENT STATUS: Most services operating
- Contact person: Paul O'Neill
- Position: Manager
- Email address: Paul@canlaw.org.nz
- Phone: 027-312-2238
- Fax: 03-341-7586
- Website: www.canlaw.org.nz
- 1) Legal advice and help - phone 0508 CANLAW (226529) for legal information. We have lawyers in all of the Recovery Centres (10 - 2 Monday - Saturday). Also our employment law service and regular legal advice clinics at Aranui, New Brighton, Hornby, Ashburton, Timaru and the West Coast are operating as usual. We have lawyers at our temporary base at 35 Riccarton Rd Monday - Friday. See our website for details.
- 2) Legal Education - workshops and talks about the law. Please contact us about your needs following the earthquake - firstname.lastname@example.org; debra @canlaw.org.nz
- 3) Fact sheets - see our website or phone 0508 CANLAW (226529) for fact sheets about the earthquake and tenancy, commercial leases, family law.
- 4) Community liaison - Please contact us about your legal needs so we can incorporate these needs into our earthquake response - email@example.com
WHAT WE NEED
We'd love to hear about rooms available in the community to hold legal education talks and workshops.
Community Law Canterbury is not able to access our building in Madras St. We are based in Riccarton Rd and planning to open an office in New Brighton. We have staff in all Recovery Centres and are workking hard to get our full range of services up and running. We value the strong relationships we have with community organisations in Christchurch and we look forward to developing those links to increase access to justice for the people of Christchurch. Please keep in touch with us about the legal needs of your organisations and your clients.