Salvation Army Addictions Services
CURRENT STATUS: Most services operating
- Contact person: Andrew Hay
- Position: Assistant Director
- Email address: Andrew_Hay@nzf.salvationarmy.org
- Phone: 03-338-4436
- Mobile: 027-286-9444
- Fax: 03-338-4312
- 1) Community Services: Te Awhina (peer support, support groups, workshops, recreation activities, community support workers) - 27 Collins Street, Addington; Alcohol/Drug Assessment (brief & comprehensive) and outpatient support - 35 Collins Street, Addington; Community-based education programmes - 37 Macauley Street, Addington; Women's dual diagnosis outpatient service (community support worker & groups) - 35 Collins Street; Men's Intensive/Justice Day Programme (12 weeks) - 35 Collins Street
- 2) Residential Programmes: Intensive (8 weeks) - 35 Collins Street; Men's Intensive/Justice (12 weeks) - 35 Collins Street; Women's Intensive/Methamphetamine (8 weeks) - 35 Collins Street; 'Haven' Women's Rehabilitation (12 weeks) - 35 Collins Street; 'STEPS' Post-treatment Supported Accommodation (12 weeks) - 35 Collins Street.
- 3) Oasis Problem Gambling Centre: Assessment, 1 to 1 counselling/support, support groups, public health promotion; for gamblers and/or family members - 126 Bealey Avenue, City
WHAT WE NEED
For the near future, damage to some of our buildings has led us to consolidate our alcohol & drug services at our Collins Street base and to suspend one service (EMPOWER Women with Children).